WAYS TO AVOID HEADLINE ANXIETY
Ways to Avoid Headline Anxiety
We understand that this is a time of uncertainty, and we want you to know you are not alone. We are here for you. Below are helpful tips to take care of your mental health:
- Be mindful of your news consumption.
- Limit your news to only one or two reliable sources like the CDC.
- Practice acceptance and understand the news will not answer all your questions.
- Learn about preventative and precautionary measures from reliable sources
- Stay connected to friends and family.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
- Make time to unwind and remind yourself that strong feelings will fade. Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories.
- Take social media breaks.
- Understand that it is normal to be somewhat concerned by this, but try to not let fear drive your anxiety to an unhealthy level.
Read more at: