COPING WITH THE HOLIDAYS
Coping with the Holidays
We've all heard of the "holiday blues." During times of stress, everyone is more susceptible to symptoms of anxiety, depression, substance abuse, and it can be harder to cope with everyday events. Combining the normal holiday stressors with the ongoing pandemic, the holiday season this year will be especially difficult for a majority of Americans.
NAMI Maryland has collected several resources that you may find helpful as we navigate this difficult time.
NAMI and NAMI Maryland Resources:
- Coping with the Holidays When There is Mental Illness
- Avoiding Holiday Stressors: Tips for a Stress Free Season
- Managing Your Mental Health During the Holidays
- How to Help Your Child Manage Depression from Coronavirus Isolation
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?
- What Should I Gift My Loved One with a Mental Illness?
- Surviving Painful Holiday Emotions