Let's End COVID, Maryland!
All Marylanders 12 and older are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination! Pre-register for an appointment at a mass vaccination site or find a pharmacy, hospital, or local health department near you to make an appointment.
Why Should You Get the Vaccine?
Protective: The vaccines provide protection from the serious and deadly COVID-19 illness.
Promising Results: Clinical trials show that the vaccines are highly effective in preventing serious illness.
Pandemic-Ending: The vaccines are the best path forward to ending the pandemic.
Minimal Side Effects: Most of the participants in clinical trials had minimal to no side effects. The most common effects experienced were soreness at the injection site, fever, or body aches.
What Do You Need to Know About the Vaccines?
- The vaccines are safe, and they will not give you COVID-19.
- The vaccines are effective at preventing you from getting seriously ill with COVID-19.
- Mild side effects are normal, including injection-site pain, fatigue, fever, muscle aches, headaches, and chills. These typically dissipate after 24-48 hours.
- COVID-19 vaccines will not alter your body's chemistry or DNA, and they do not cause you to test positive on COVID-19 tests.
- It is possible that you can still transmit COVID-19 to other people after you have been vaccinated. We ALL need to continue wearing masks and social distancing.
- When you get vaccinated, you help to protect vulnerable people you care about. As greater numbers of people are vaccinated, we will achieve "herd immunity" that will greatly reduce cases of serious illness and death from COVID-19.
Read FAQs from the Maryland Department of Health here.
Pre-register for a Vaccination at a Mass Vaccination Site
All Marylanders 16 and older can pre-register for a vaccination at one of Maryland's mass vaccination sites. Pre-registration ensures you will be notified when you and your loved ones are able to make an appointment. The process is quick, easy, and free. Pre-register for a vaccination at a mass vaccination site here.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
General Vaccine Information:
- About the Vaccines from the Maryland Department of Health
- CDC Information on Vaccines
- FDA COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet on Herd Immunity from the Maryland Department of Health
- Tell Me More About Vaccine Safety from HHS (Video)
- Vaccine Science: A History of Distrust and Discrimination for People with Mental Illness from NAMI (Video)
- Strategies for Providers to Increase Vaccinne Uptake from the Behavioral Health Administration (Video)
- Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy that You, Your Colleagues, or Those in Your Care May Have from the Behavioral Health Administration (Video)
Vaccine Hesitancy Information:
Clinical Trials Information:
- COVID-19 Clinical Trials Fact Sheet from the Maryland Department of Health
- FAQs About COVID-19 Clinical Studies from the COVID-19 Prevention Network